Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Opinion: Chilean Miners Rescued

This story has been followed worldwide so there is no need for me to report it.

I, just as many of you, I'm sure, were impressed with the courage of these miners in the face of adversity.  On top of this, the site of Chilean President Sebastian Pinera at the site of the recovery was one of the most impressive and responsible things that I think I have ever seen from a nation's leader.  His excitement seemed genuine, with no hint of a political motive.  He was proud of these men and their rescuers, like no one I have ever seen.

To all of the miners rescued today...Welcome back and God Bless You and Your Families.

President Pinera...I think many of the worlds leaders could learn something about integrity and pride in their country from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment