Tuesday, September 14, 2010

No Concessions in Middle East Talks? WHAT?????

What does negotiate mean? How can you have talks without negotiation?

Definition: mutual discussion and arrangement of the terms of a transaction or agreement: the negotiation of a treaty.

Isn't this the point of these meetings? This is not purely about Hamas or Fatah, it is about the relationship between human beings, in this case the Palestinians and the Israelis.

I know that I have posted various items tonight about this issue, but I feel that it is of such importance that it deserves this attention.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middleeast/2010/09/201091421840603676.html

I don't claim to be smart enough to know what the solution is to this issue. I understand the religious implications, but I believe that there must be a reasonable solution if the leadership of the peoples involved have truly represent the interests of their populations. It seems to me that both sides over the past 20 years have been hardheaded and thereby speaking in their own best interests and not those of their populations.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment